Sunday 16 March 2008

42nd street

Wen to see Dad in 42nd street last night. It was excellent - the dancing was fantastic, the band played really, really well. Dad was his usual over the top character role - everyone laughed alot and all the cast seem to love him too :-D

After show party to follow. Was a bit worried about feeling 14 and not knowing anyone when Johnny said he wasn't going to go but they had a piano and lots of music theatre books - so I fitted right in. Lots of people were very nice about my voice - I'd really like to get back into MT its so much fun singing that stuff. not that I don't love the shouty choral stuff :-)

They'd roped in one of the rehearsal pianists, Peter Dew, to play a guy that used to play for us when I was in youth group. He played all night, missed the food and I don't think even got a drink but he kept us happy :-) Its quite funny when you meet someone again who felt like such a grown up when you knew them at 14 and now they're pretty much your own age!!

No comments: